Senior Manager - Legal Affairs
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Title: Senior Manager, Legal Affairs
Last Date to Apply: Interested applicants to apply by no later than 17 th March 2021.
Employment Type: This is a full-time, permanent position.
Location: This role is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Grade: This is a grade 4 position.
Essential Responsibilities: Able to independently handle litigation and related in-house operations of the company in addition to the following areas:
- Oversee, review and/or prepare any/all general and telecom specific contracts when directed
- Oversee litigation of the Company
- Advice on issues related to licensing and Regulator
- Advice on impact of Telecom regulations and policies
- Handle the Tower/USF related legal issues
- Provide opinions and strategic advice to internal stakeholders on issues having legal implications
- Provide support and help decision-making process with respect to management’s decisions
- Should also be able to provide quality legal assistance in overall corporate matters including contracts
- Able to promote teamwork within the department
- Providing quality legal opinion to all departments across Telenor including commercial, procurement, S&D, Finance, etc when desired
- Legal research and advice on the impact of changing laws
- Analyzing legal prepositions under different scenarios and coming up with practical solutions
- Should be able to strongly advocate the company’s objectives/interest with external stakeholders
- To put efforts to minimize the company’s overall legal exposure and adopting a proactive approach in doing so
- To deal with government/regulatory bodies including PTA etc on legal issues independently and ensure compliance thereof
- Vet, draft all franchise-related documents/contracts, and providing advice on all S&D related legal issues
- Should be able to deal with high profile cases and keeping management abreast of the same
- To provide advice on HR/labor law-related issues and Vet all contracts having any impact related to labor law
- Reviewing documents related to the acquisition of land drafting addendums and providing advice thereof
- Preparing legal notices and their replies
- Coordinate effectively with external lawyers with respect to legal cases
- To participate in different projects as part of CFT
- To protect the company and its employees from the issuance of any warrants and/or coercive measures being adopted by certain govt departments, in the best possible manner
- To act as per the direction of Director Legal/management as and when required and to handle any/all legal query, doc, or provide advice with respect to any other matter, not included herein
Your Career Path: Based on your performance, initiatives, and planned growth, you can evolve into roles like Director Legal Affairs, etc.
What we’re looking for?
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB). A foreign Master’s degree/LLM/BVC may be considered an added advantage
- Strong negotiation, analytical, & interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills
- Proactive in resolving issues
- Proven ability to demonstrate strong Leadership skills and independent decision making
- Goal-oriented & ready to accept greater responsibilities
- Have the experience and competence to be able to perform his duties with a reasonable degree of empowerment
- Able to interact and work with multidisciplinary teams
- Able to handle the assigned affairs independently and delegate further effectively
- Able to work under pressure while maintaining the quality of work
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience post-qualification
- 6 years of experience in working as an in-house counsel
- Proven experience in managing and leading people
Why should you join Telenor?
At Telenor Pakistan, we provide you the platform to work in a challenging and rewarding environment to become a skilled professional in your chosen field of interest. As one of the top employers in the country, we enable you to realize your dreams in a collaborative environment of diversity and openness to new mindsets.
As an equal employment opportunity provider, Telenor Pakistan makes all decisions of employment purely based on merit irrespective of race, caste, gender, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting our customers to what matters most. Empowering societies