Manager Financial Accounting and Reporting
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Last Date to Apply: Interested applicants to apply by no later than 12th March, 2021.
Employment Type: This is a full-time position.
Location: This role is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Grade: This is a grade 3 position.
The person will be responsible for timely/correctly financial accounting and reporting of Telenor Pakistan & its subsidiaries in accordance with applicable standards, policies and processes. In addition, lead and contribute in Projects/initiatives for simplification and modernization of financial processes, system/tools to bring efficiency. He/she would implement controls to ensure authenticity/quality of financials statements.
Your Impactful Goals will include:
- Drive the Company’s month end financial close process to ensure timely completion along with accurate and complete results
- Ensure Compliance to Group/Local Policies and IFRS
- Financial & accounting Advisory in complex accounting matters and new business streams in line with IFRS and Group policies
- Review and improve current processes to strengthen quality and efficiency of financial reporting
- Manage Audit coordination with external/internal auditors
- Prepare reports and presentations on financial results
- Liaison with Group functions in accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Preparation of monthly and consolidated management accounts
What we're looking for:
- Degree(s)/Major(s): ACCA, or C.A finalist or Masters/Bachelor in Finance
- Certification(s): Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
Functional Skills/Knowledge Areas:
- Expert in Oracle ERP Financials and Hyperion Financial Management applications
- Strong understanding of large Telecom business processes and systems having impact on financial accounting & reporting
- Strong understanding of financial reporting standards e.g. IFRS etc.
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Office applications, especially MS excel & PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills (Ability to interpret and analyze financial data)
- Ability to impact the company at the highest levels/ gain buy-in from top management
- Ability to learn and implement new ideas
- Ability to lead improvement projects
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations
- Should be able to handle heavy work load effectively and efficiently
- Independent and Self driven
- Strong Communicator and Presenter
- Ability to monitor and improve team performance
Why should you join Telenor?
At Telenor Pakistan, we provide you the platform to work in a challenging and rewarding environment to become a skilled professional in your chosen field of interest. As one of the top employers of the country, we enable you to realize your dreams in a collaborative environment of diversity and openness to new mindsets.
As an equal employment opportunity provider, Telenor Pakistan makes all decisions of employment purely based on merit irrespective of race, caste, gender, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting our customers to what matters most. Empowering societies