Credit Analyst - Commercial & Retail Risk - (210000VB)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
To analyse risk and evaluate credit proposals as per the guidelines of HBL Credit Policy and Central Bank regulations, for onward submission to Risk Manager/SCO for decision making.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- To perform credit analysis of all credit proposals originating from branch banking (retail and commercial), covering both qualitative and quantitative factors including balance sheet, Income statement, cash cycle, cash flow and ratio analysis to determine financial need and capacity for effective credit decision making.
- To conduct credit evaluation as per HBL internal credit policy/procedures and SBP prudential guidelines and other regulatory requirements to ensure that our exposure remains compliant with internal and external policies.
- Processing of credit proposals within stipulated TAT and to maintain CP tracking sheet to keep record of queries and response time with the ultimate objective that credit requests are attended in a timely manner.
- To bring improvement, analyst needs to do value addition in credit analysis and evaluation process by picking early warning signals, highlighting key risks and mitigants and bringing innovative ideas and suggestions in order to have a secure and comprehensive credit evaluation process.
- Analyst needs to do periodic industry reviews to have updated knowledge of key industries of economy.
- To monitor and follow up past due mark-up/principal and NPL accounts, expiries, deferrals, approval covenants through internal MIS and classified credit reviews (CCRs) in coordination with business in order to keep check and balance.
Reports, Projects and Record Keeping:
- To gather and prepare MIS reports, log and review sheets and preparations of various reports related to industry, sector, NPL, restructuring etc for self-monitoring and for onward submission to middle/higher management in order to help decision making and budgeting process. Analyst needs to keep record and snapshot of key data including copies of full set of CPs (approved/declined), financials, ORR, DD/PD, CCRs, MIS reports, overdue & NPL records etc for the purpose of record keeping and to support any future need during decision making process. Further, participation in any project may be required to represent risk management.
Communication, Self-Development and Behavior
- To have effective written and verbal communication, should take Initiatives for self-development through pursuing additional training / professional qualifications and must adhere to HBL core values to maintain professional behavior with co-workers/team players and external customers as defined in Bank’s Code of Ethics.
- To provide support and assistance to Risk Managers and Head Risk Management Retail and Commercial for smooth work flow, quick TAT and effective decision making.
- Any additional task can be assigned by supervisor to manage work load and to meet deadlines.
- Business Degree – Preferably BBA/MBA
- 2 - 3 years' banking / risk experience
Primary Location: PK-SD-Karachi
Work Locations: 7041-HBL Tower G-4 Block -7 KDA Scheme # 5 , Near Teen Talwar, Clifton Karachi Karachi
Function: Risk Management
Your application has been successfully submitted.
HBL, Pakistan’s largest bank, was the first commercial bank to be established in Pakistan in 1947.