Warehouse Inventory Controller
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Title: Warehouse Inventory Controller
Department: New Verticals/Pandamart
Do you love food and convenience put together? Then you just might love foodpanda.
foodpanda is the leading, on-demand food delivery company in Pakistan, bringing thousands of your best loved restaurants online into your home or office - fast! We’re all about bringing on the smartest folks as we continue to grow with an “all hands on deck” environment and hire those who can thrive in a startup culture.
We are looking for a diligent and experienced Warehouse Inventory Controller to ensure accuracy of the inventory of the warehouses network. If you are looking for a place where you can gain hands-on exposure and have a direct impact, then this may be the place for you! The ideal candidate will have a track record as a significant individual contributor – comfortable working independently, whilst working closely with the rest of the stakeholders.
About this job:
This role will be based in Karachi and will be reporting to the Head of Operations. In this role, you will oversee the inventory flow of the warehouse, perform routine inventory audits ensuring accuracy and integrity of the warehouse management systems are implemented, The successful candidate will ensure that correct procedures are followed and will drive adherence in the warehouses.
- Oversee the inventory flow within the multiple warehouses including incoming, returns, disposals, transfers, etc.
- Perform routine inventory audits to ensure records in the warehouse management systems are accurate
- Timely escalation of inventory discrepancies in the warehouse management systems while liaising closely with security staff of each warehouse
- Generate daily/weekly reports to ensure critical areas of the inventories are controlled and discrepancies resolved
- Ensure KPIs are reviewed on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis and perform control and quality analysis on any behaviors/processes that could impact on inventory integrity
- Set up inventory management processes and perform inventory control procedures (eg. cycle counts)
- Gain expertise in key warehouse process paths; we’ll need you to ensure that process is adhered to across all shifts and departments - also that onsite and remote viewing of CCTV footage is done to check processes and highlight any gaps of understanding or implementation
- Measurement of quality and inventory integrity and accuracy, while providing quality assurance feedback to the warehouse managers
- Plan for and identify root causes of inventory deviation, via cause and effect analysis
- Review and analyze customer complaints and any defect data, followed by development of corresponding action plans to reduce future incidents
- Support any ad-hoc tasks assigned by the Head of Operations
- Constantly challenge the current processes, find “loopholes” and propose improvements to the processes
- At least 2 years of proven experience in an inventory/warehouse management role
- In depth knowledge of operations and first principles (e.g. supply chain, customer service, etc.)
- Working knowledge of quality operational metrics
- Familiar with Warehouse Management Systems
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Take the first bite, order food you love