This job is no longer accepting applications.
Last Date to Apply: Interested applicants to apply by no later than 2nd March, 2021.
Employment Type: This is a full-time position.
Location: This role is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Grade: This is a grade 3 position.
As Manager Tax you are required to execute effective and efficient tax risk management by oversighting the litigations management portfolio including direct and indirect tax litigations. Key focus areas are managing tax authorities, building up strong relationships, proactive stakeholder management, tax strategies and positions, tax accounting and reporting, transfer pricing, scenario buildings and improvement analysis.
Your Impactful Goals will include:
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with federal and provincial tax laws and regulations.
- Develop strong relationships with tax authorities with capability to interact professionally.
- Ability to drive tax advocacy campaigns at industry and appropriate higher forums level.
- Preparing tax strategies, ability to present management/group with high quality contents.
- Provide innovative tax planning with an ability to review the tax impacts of business transactions.
- Improve processes through digitalization initiatives to leverage technology.
- Tax accounting, provisions, forecasting and tax optimization analysis.
- Transfer pricing, review of contracts, advisory about tax implications on major transactions.
- Preparing high quality tax analysis by reviewing transactions flow of different business segments.
- Managing tax assessments, compliances, appeals, stays, hearings to ensure secure submissions.
- Develop good communication interface with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advising tax optimization opportunities with efficient and proactive engagement plans.
- Close coordination with tax advisors/legal counsel in tax matters with optimum utilization.
Your Career Path:
Telenor provides diversified work experience to its employees. The typical career path for Manager Tax is senior level position in tax. However, the potential candidate can also take career in other areas of finance like financial accounting, treasury, and business planning and reporting etc.
What we're looking for?
- CA / CMA / MBA (Finance)
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of federal and provincial tax laws.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and accounting tools.
- Proficient in different IT tools (including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good knowledge of business processes/ERP/RPA etc.
Functional Skills / Knowledge Areas:
- Self-starter who takes creative approach to solve challenging problems and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated and customer oriented with a positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced high pressure environment.
- Manage stakeholder effectively with ability to get things done cross-functionally.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills in conjunction with the ability to prioritize and handle complex tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent knowledge of federal and provincial tax laws and rules.
Why should you join Telenor?
At Telenor Pakistan, we provide you the platform to work in a challenging and rewarding environment to become a skilled professional in your chosen field of interest. As one of the top employers of the country, we enable you to realize your dreams in a collaborative environment of diversity and openness to new mindsets.
As an equal employment opportunity provider, Telenor Pakistan makes all decisions of employment purely based on merit irrespective of race, caste, gender, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting our customers to what matters most. Empowering societies